If you are looking to kick-start your career with an international organization, you have come to the right place! Working for an organization within the United Nations System is a dream for many professionals across the globe, since the opportunities offered often combine good remuneration and a wide range of benefits with meaningful work. OpenIGO can help you increase your chances of succeeding in these competitive selection processes with our UN Jobs Mock Interview service!
Most selection processes across the UN System include an interview phase, which aims to find out more about the candidate, and analyze their knowledge, competences, and experience. It is widely understood that the interview model adopted by the United Nations is the Competency-Based Interview (CBI) but, in fact, it is mixed, combining this model with the traditional interview.
Having a mock interview with a professional who has extensive experience and knowledge of the UN System interview model will help you be better prepared for this phase, greatly increasing your chances of being selected for the desired vacancy. The UN Jobs Mock Interview is held by Skype (preferably), WhatsApp, Facetime or Hangouts, conducted by an interview specialist and lasts around 60 minutes. Our interviewers (including a professor with a PhD, who is a specialist in International Organizations) spend approximately two hours reading all your documents and preparing a script as per the UN model and also based on your Personal History Profile, plus around one hour in a mock interview with you. Every interview is personalized and unique.
Please note: we strongly recommend that you read the Interview chapter in our UN Jobs and Careers eBook which will soon be available at our Online Store!
Why should you purchase the mock interview?
- On average, the interviewer (a professor with a Ph.D. who is a specialist in the UN System) spends approximately two hours reading all your documents and preparing an original and personalized script to be used in your interview.
- All the experience is set to reproduce the interview in the same way that is carried out by the United Nations.
- At the end of your mock interview, thorough feedback is given on your performance.
- Make the purchase on our website;
- Following purchase, press the “Book Now” button on the “Order Received” page, which is located under “Order details”;
- Then, on the “Book Now” page, continue with the scheduling. You will see all the times available. Select one of these. Do not forget to advise us of your time zone when scheduling;
- If you are not sure of the date and time you wish to schedule your mock interview, this is not a problem. You can schedule it at any time by going to “Orders” and pressing the “Book now” button on this page;
- After scheduling on the site, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from OpenIGO with all the information on your mock interview;
- If you wish to change the time of your mock interview, this is not a problem at all, as long as it is done with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice. You just need to go to the “My Account” page and press the “appointments” button on “My products and services”. Press the “Change” button on this page and make the alteration. Changes are not permitted with less than 48 hours’ notice;
- OpenIGO will send an e-mail 24 hours before your mock interview session, reminding you of the appointment details;
- If you do not appear for the scheduled mock interview session, you will not be entitled to a new appointment;
- Do not forget that in order to carry out the mock interview, you must be available via the agreed means of communication, such as Skype (preferably), WhatsApp, Hangouts or Facetime;
- Mock Interview Length: 60 (sixty) minutes;
- Mock Interview Language: English;
- Means of holding the mock interview: Skype (preferably), WhatsApp, Facetime or Hangouts;
- Re-scheduling: allowed up to 48 hours before the scheduled time.
Other related UN Jobs products/services: