When to apply for the ADB Internship Program?
Internship opportunities are advertised twice a year and the registration date may vary depending on the vacancy. Below is the general deadline:
- 1st batch: August to October
- 2nd batch: December to February
How to apply for the ADB Internship Program?
The internship application process comprises of the following steps:
- Search for vacancies by area of interest in the “Current Opportunities” section of ADB’s internship page;
- After checking the requirements of the vacancy, click in “Apply for this Vacancy”;
- You will be redirected to the registration page. Click in “New User”;
- Fill out the requested information and submit the necessary documents.
What are the phases of the selection process for the ADB Internship Program?
The selection process may vary depending on the function to which the intern is applying, but generally comprises the following steps:
- Submitting your application;
- Evaluation of the application;
- Competency-based interview;
- Selection notifications.
How is the ADB Internship Program interview?
Usually, only selected applicants will be contacted for the interview, which lasts about 30 minutes and may be done via Skype or phone. The main points covered in the interview vary according to the opening and department chosen. In general, however, the questions address subjective or behavioral aspects, such as your expectations about the job, your interests in the area of expertise you are applying for and your previous experiences.
What are the documents to submit for the ADB Internship Program?
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Proof of enrollment to a Masters’s or Ph.D. program;
- Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Check the essay questions below).
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
What is the evaluation criteria of the ADB Internship Program?
You will be evaluated in relation to your previous experiences, skills and competencies, as well as your educational background. ADB also considers the level of interest and motivation to fill the position and the balance in terms of nationality, institutional representation and gender within the organization.