What is the education requirement of the IFC Internship Program?
- Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of a Masters’ level program
It is recommended to check the vacancy’s “Preferred field of study/experience” in the List of Openings provided at IFC’s Global Internship Program website.
What is the language requirement of the IFC Internship Program?
Fluency in English is always required, but proficiency in Spanish, French or other relevant languages may also be required depending on the vacancy.
What is the age requirement of the IFC Internship Program?
Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of enrollment.
What is the nationality requirement of the IFC Internship Program?
Applicants must be citizens of a WBG member country.
What are the competencies required for the IFC Internship Program?
The main competencies required are:
- Technical expertise;
- Diverse nationalities and experiences;
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Leadership capabilities;
- Geographical mobility;
- A passion for improving people’s lives through promoting private sector development in emerging markets.
What are the restrictions of the IFC Internship Program?
An applicant may not be a relative of a staff member at IFC according to the following criteria as informed by IFC’s Employment Policy:
Category I relatives: The following close relatives, including relatives by blood or adoption, are not eligible for employment: mother, father, son, daughter, sister, half-sister, brother, half-brother, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew.
Category II relatives: The following close relatives, including relatives by adoption and domestic partners of close relatives, are eligible for employment provided that they are not assigned to the same division or equivalent unit, and neither supervises the other, directly or indirectly, and their duties are not likely to bring them into routine professional contact:
- Whole relationships: daughter-in-law, son-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, grandmother, grandfather, granddaughter, grandson, cousin
- Step relationships: step-mother, step-father, step-sister, step-brother, step-daughter, step-son, step-aunt, step-uncle
- Half relationships: half-aunt, half-uncle, half-niece, half-nephew
- Domestic relationships: mother of domestic partner, father of domestic partner, sister of domestic partner, brother of domestic partner, daughter of domestic partner, son of domestic partner