Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at OpenIGO International Careers Development Network. OpenIGO will hereafter be referred to as “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
By using our Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Personal data means all information that can help to identify you as a unique person (i.e. name, address, pictures, IP-address etc.) and that are gathered through our digital channels, like this website, mobile applications and/or other future digital interfaces that are linked to this policy.
We take privacy matters and your security very seriously when processing your personal data. If you have any questions you are more than welcome to contact us directly at email@example.com.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
2. USES MADE OF INFORMATION
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
6. YOUR RIGHTS
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
Therefore, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.openigo.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, making purchases, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Categories of personal data: Name; Nickname; Picture; Birth date; Gender; Country of residence; Nationalities; UNLP; Contact emails, Phone numbers, Skype, Facebook, LinkedIn, Language skills, Past and current professional experiences, Educations, Certifications, Professional preferences, Resumes, CVs, certificates, application essays.
- If you contact us, whether by email, telephone, social media or post, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not required to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
1.1 Log Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”) or register using social media information, such as your Facebook or Google account. In addition, we may use third party services such as:
- Payments: PayPal and Stripe.
- Marketing and IT-Services: Mailchimp, Facebook Ads, Automate Woo, Tidio, WooCommerce (or other WordPress plugins).
- Statistics and surveys: Google Analytics, Search Console, Facebook Pixel.
We will always strive to limit such access and only share information that is necessary for the processors to be able to carry out their tasks. We make sure that our processors meet our high standards and that they have adequate security measures. We demand that they (i) protect your personal data in accordance with this policy and relevant legislation and (ii) refrain from using your personal data for any other purpose than providing us with the agreed upon product or service.
The Log Data may include information such as:
- Phone number
- Information regarding your computer and your visits to this website (IP-address, geo-location, browser, source, pages visited, among others).
Information collected from other sources:
In short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
1.2 Legal Ground for Processing
Fulfilling of the agreement: collection of such information and processing is necessary for us to fulfill our rights and obligations per the agreement with you (refer to OpenIGO’s Terms and Conditions). If the required information cannot be collected, we cannot fulfill our obligations per the agreement.
1.3. Retention Period
Until the agreement ceases. Or as long as legally required by tax and audit purposes.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Site for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer [for Contractual reasons and Business Purposes].
- To facilitate account creation and logon process [with your Consent].
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes [for Business Purposes and with your Consent].
- To present relevant information on Jobs and Internship opportunities with intergovernmental organizations according to your academic and professional profile, in the case you have subscribed for such services (Jobs and Internships Match) [for Contractual reasons and with your Consent].
- To support the external recruitment process of selected OpenIGO Partners, including intergovernmental, private sector or civil society organizations, in the case you have consented to be contacted for such purposes [for Contractual reasons, Business Purposes and with your Consent].
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us [for Legal and Contractual reasons].
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so [with your Consent].
- To notify you about changes to our services, terms, conditions, and policies. [for Legal and Contractual reasons].
- To post testimonials that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial or to post it anonymously. [for Business Purposes and with your Consent].
We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, services, marketing and your experience.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details for these purposes, please notify us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. [See our “Section 6. Cookies” for further information]
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Site) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity. [If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.] Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Site, and view your profile.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website. (Read more information about the website’s cookies here).
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request information regarding the personal data that we process of you and have inaccurate information corrected. Keep in mind that we can ask for additional information about you to ensure safe and effective processing of your request and to ensure that information is given to the right person.
You have the right to demand that we remove the personal data we have of you, i.e. if information no longer is needed to achieve the purpose they were collected for or if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing etc.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will sometimes inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, when available. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Last update: 26 ago 2020