When to apply for the UNFPA Internship Program?
Application deadlines vary depending on the openings and the needs of organization. Therefore, it is important to search for internship opportunities on our website and social media platforms.
How to apply for the UNFPA Internship Program?
The internship application process is done via the UNFPA Recruitment System, where all openings are published, and comprises the following steps:
- Initial registration;
- Filling out the candidate profile (academic and professional background);
- Search for an opening in your field of interest;
- Filling out the application form;
- Submit the application.
What are the phases of the selection process for the UNFPA Internship Program?
The selection process may vary depending on the department or office to which the intern is applying, but generally comprises the following steps:
- Creating a profile and preparing an application;
- Submitting the application;
- Evaluation of the application;
- Competency-based interview;
- Selection notifications.
How is the UNFPA Internship Program interview?
Usually, only selected applicants will be contacted for the interview, which lasts about 30 minutes and may be done via Skype or phone. The main points covered in the interview vary according to the opening and department chosen. In general, however, the questions address subjective or behavioral aspects, such as your expectations about the job, your interests in the area of expertise you are applying for and your previous experiences.
What are the documents to submit for the UNFPA Internship Program?
The application process also requires you to submit:
- Cover Note/Letter;
- Proof of active enrollment in or completion of a university or similar educational programme (for example: letter from the university registrar, most recent transcript or copy of diploma);
- Signed copy of the UNFPA internship agreement.
What is the evaluation criteria of the UNFPA Internship Program?
You will be evaluated regarding your previous experience, skills and competencies, and educational background.
It is important to submit your application in advance. Internship openings at UN Careers are removed from the portal at midnight of the deadline, New York time (GMT-5).