Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that! Check out our online store! There you will find ebooks and services that will help you in this endeavor.
Organization: Oxfam GB
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, London
Closing Date: 2021-12-09
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
To make as much money as possible to overcome poverty and suffering
About our Oxfam Shops
Open for business since 1948, Oxfam shops are at the heart of the charity and their community, raising vital funds and increasing public awareness of what we do**.** They are always guided by our values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness and focussed on making as much money as possible.
The Role of our Shop Managers
Commercially aware and constantly looking for new business opportunities, shop managers motivate their teams and create a safe and energised work environment. They have high standards, a strong drive to achieve results and are accountable for their business.
The role of the shop manager is empowered, varied, busy and gives the opportunity to work with some amazing people. Shop managers are pivotal for the success of our business and can make a real difference. Oxfam operates a volunteer operating model, in which volunteers are empowered to take over most of the tasks within the shop, including running the shop in the manager’s absence.
Often the only paid member of staff, our managers are comfortable in this environment, really enjoy working with others and are great at delegating to their teams. Excellent communicators, they are creative, and always look for opportunities to attract new supporters every day.
Please note: This is a flexible role, and will include some weekend work.
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Key Skills and Competencies required
- Significant leadership qualities and experience. (E)
- Ability to build, retain and develop a team. (E)
- Strong drive to achieve results through others. (E)
- Ability to delegate, coach and listen. (E)
- Enjoys working with people and has a friendly and approachable manner. (E)
- Ability to manage time under conflicting priorities. (E)
- Ability to demonstrate resilience to the everyday pressures that come with the role. (E)
- Excellent communication skills.(E)
- Ability to motivate self and others. (E)
- High level of motivation, enthusiasm and a sense of fun. (E)
- Open and adaptable to change and able to support others through it. (E)
- Commercial awareness and judgement. (D)
- Ability to establish and maintain successful retail processes and merchandising. (E)
- Ability to understand and interpret basic financial reports. (D)
- IT literacy and numeracy skills. (Using email systems and online resources; use and understand basic spreadsheets and word processing packages. Be aware of and be open to the role of social networking and ecommerce.) (E)
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of diversity and gender rights (click here). (E)
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles. (E)
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB takes its obligation to protect the rights of children and vulnerable people very seriously; therefore, the successful candidate for this post will be also subject to extensive background checking, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS), as this role involves unsupervised access to the above-mentioned groups.
For full information surrounding DBS and the vacancy, please view the full job description.
Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that!
OpenIGO has helped dozens of professionals from all around the world to kick-start their international careers with intergovernmental organizations. Our high-qualified team of professionals and human resources specialists have put together a series of products and services to help make your dream come true!
On our online store, you will find comprehensive eBooks, mock interviews, application reviews, and other related services, which have been prepared for you with the utmost care! What are you waiting for? Get started on your international career now!