Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that! Check out our online store! There you will find ebooks and services that will help you in this endeavor.
Organization: Oxfam GB
Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo, Goma
Closing Date: 2021-09-25
COUNTRY LOGISTICS MANAGER
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Are you a Logistics Manager wanting to make a positive social impact on the world?
Do you want to be involved in a transformation project that will make Oxfam one of the most digitally and data advanced organisations in the world?
Do you want to join a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, you are responsible for effective supply chain management and logistics systems across the DRC ensuring that Oxfam’s programme is able to respond in a timely manner to major humanitarian emergencies, while maintaining high-level of support to our development programme. You are responsible for designing and delivering a national logistics strategy to ensure that the basics of logistics are in place throughout the country, as well as ensuring the successful delivery of the regional and corporate strategies at country level. You will need to influence high-level management within Oxfam to adopt new policies and to retain discipline to policies already in place.
Regular field trips are part of this exciting job. This key position in the program often involves supporting other sectors by solving logistical queries.
The post holder will work with the Humanitarian Programme Manager and other SMT members to build the programmes logistics and operational capacity to plan and manage programmes resources and assets efficiently and effectively, ensuring that programmes meet their commitments and are accountable to their beneficiaries and donors.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced candidate who will be providing technical support to programme logistics offices on all aspects of logistics and operational programme delivery, it is expected the Country Logistics Manager will be able to help programmes offices to:
· Rationalize operational running costs through the effective utilization and allocation of resources and helping programme develop effective recharge mechanisms
· Improve accountability to donors and beneficiaries through implementation of regular reporting and strong control mechanisms
· Improve the quality and timeliness of projects
By Managing the country logistics coordination team, he/she should ensure that all the HR aspect have been taken into consideration as to get his supervisee reach their objectives and been evaluated.
The person will have the responsibility in: **
· Implement all OXFAM logistics procedures, including new updates released by HQ and ensure that they are understood by everybody on the mission
· Implement the Country logistics Manual and ensure that it is understood by everybody on the mission
· Lead the design and implementation of procurement plans and work in consolidating improvements and drive sustainability of processes
· Develop and regularly review the Country programmes local policies for Supply chain, Fleet and Equipment management, to be sure they are in line with OXFAM’s global policies and implemented across the programme.
· Review logistics systems and procedures in Country and be sure that they meet OXFAM’s Minimum Operating Standards, that adequate control mechanisms are in place and that they are being implemented and adhered to.
· Ensure monthly reporting systems are implemented in all programmes in line with logistics control mechanisms for Procurement, stock, fleet and assets.
· Review the monthly logistics reports and advise Field Managers where there are irregularities or areas of concern that need follow up
· Provide training to logistics teams, field managers and programmes managers on logistics procedures, developing logistics strategies and managing logistics within their technical areas
· Support and advise Field offices on the structure, recruitment and management of their Logistics team and help heads of bases to develop and implement effective performance management of logistics staff
· Visit regularly field locations and monitor performance of logistics department with spot-checks, audits, reviews of indicators and adequate usage of reporting system
· Ensure adequate logistics archiving mechanism in all field bases accordingly to the standard in place
· Actively participate in all key steps of project lifecycle, including proposal development and all key meetings
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam DRC Team, to act as key contributor to Oxfam work.
At Oxfam, we see that a positive and supportive place to work is key, so you will join a group of passionate people who are aiming to put our values and philosophy into all we do.
This position offers fair pay and competitive benefits package
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.**
Location: Goma, DRC
Job Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 25th September 2021
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organizations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. **
Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that!
OpenIGO has helped dozens of professionals from all around the world to kick-start their international careers with intergovernmental organizations. Our high-qualified team of professionals and human resources specialists have put together a series of products and services to help make your dream come true!
On our online store, you will find comprehensive eBooks, mock interviews, application reviews, and other related services, which have been prepared for you with the utmost care! What are you waiting for? Get started on your international career now!