Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that! Check out our online store! There you will find ebooks and services that will help you in this endeavor.
Organization: Oxfam GB
Location: Kenya, Nairobi
Closing Date: 2021-09-24
Call for Expressions of Interest
Consultancy for Exploration of Oxfam Affiliation in Kenya
Oxfam International is a global movement of people, working together and with partners to end the injustice of inequality and poverty. Together, we save, protect and rebuild lives when disaster strikes. We help people build better lives for themselves, and for others.
Oxfam continues on a journey to transform itself to be more reflective of the world in which it works and more diverse in its leadership across its global network. This is a project that shapes how Oxfam acts in the world and shares power, both internally and externally, including exploring incorporating into the confederation new national affiliates as independent entities, across regions where it works, including in Africa. Kenya is one of currently five countries in which ‘affiliation’ is being explored.
Oxfam is looking for a consultant, with deep organisational development and institution building experience and expertise, to support with conducting a study exploring the affiliation of Oxfam in Kenya with key stakeholders – including Oxfam partners in the country, peer INGOs, donors, thought leaders and activists, community representatives, national and county government authorities Oxfam has worked with, and Oxfam staff and stakeholders from across the OI confederation.
The assignment is expected to deliver the following key outputs (primarily through virtual engagement):
· Refined exploration proposal for review and approval by the OI Kenya Country Director and OI Confederation Development Manager.
· Validation workshop with key stakeholders to present and discuss draft findings
· Final report including a proposed roadmap and recommendations for a Kenya affiliation process
The Consultant is expected to have:
· Experience in Organizational development, institution building and systems analysis
· Experience in facilitation, cultivating and holding conversations with diverse stakeholders
· The consultant must have a deep understanding of Kenya and/ or the East Africa region.
· Experience conducting exploration and/or research on a similar topic
· knowledge of organisational design and transformational models; and must has worked with movements and or change platforms.
· Excellent analytical skills especially in qualitative data
· Previous experience with civil society organizations
· Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of Swahili is an asset.
Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that!
OpenIGO has helped dozens of professionals from all around the world to kick-start their international careers with intergovernmental organizations. Our high-qualified team of professionals and human resources specialists have put together a series of products and services to help make your dream come true!
On our online store, you will find comprehensive eBooks, mock interviews, application reviews, and other related services, which have been prepared for you with the utmost care! What are you waiting for? Get started on your international career now!